- John Hsu Capital Group (JHCG) is a Registered Investment Advisor under the 1940 Act and was incorporated in 1991.
- Company manages global equity and international equity portfolios for institutional and personal wealth clients.
- John Hsu Capital Group claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®). To receive a complete list and description of our composites and/or a presentation that adheres to GIPS® standards, contact us at (212) 223 7515, or write John Hsu Capital Group, 800 Third Avenue Suite 1703, New York, NY 10022, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Company qualifies as a Minority Business Enterprise / Emerging Business Enterprise.
- Team headed by John Hsu, with over 40 year experience in managing global portfolios.
- Superior performance since inception against international benchmark indices i.e. MSCI EAFE.
- Under common control with Sycee Capital, LLC, an unregistered investment adviser.
About John Hsu
John Hsu has extensive experience in the investment business, focusing on global asset management since 1970. Prior to founding John Hsu Capital Group, Inc. in 1991, Mr. Hsu worked for Sandy Weill as Senior Vice President - Investments at Primerica, now Citigroup. Before joining Mr. Weill at Primerica’s predecessor company, Commercial Credit in early 1987, he was Managing Director of Greenspan O’Neil Associates, an asset management firm then headed by Alan Greenspan prior to his appointment as Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
During his career, Mr. Hsu has been associated with The Dreyfus Fund, Gulf + Western Industries and The JC Penney Insurance Companies. While at Gulf + Western, Mr. Hsu founded Columbus Circle Investors Corp., then a wholly-owned subsidiary specializing in the management of captive pension and insurance assets. He also initiated an investment management operation for JC Penney Financial Services. During the 1970’s, Mr. Hsu was one of the earliest US proponents of global investing.
Mr. Hsu’s vast experience in evaluating and investing in global markets distinguishes him as a unique investment professional.
Mr. Hsu was educated in England, Mauritius and the United States. He is a long-standing member of the CFA Institute and the New York Society of Security Analysts. Mr. Hsu formerly served as a Governor of the Iowa State University Foundation, serving as a member of its Finance Committee.